Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tis the season to be Jolly...

Christmas rush, Outdoing last years gifts,  presents to be bought, overtime at work, Never ending Christmas lists, birthday gift and baking for days,  those are just a few things that come to mind when you mention Christmas to my husband, I'm sure. He hates this time of year and I'm not sure why. I mean, its not like I force him to get the kids and I anything. I love this season. It's my favorite one of the year. I love this time of the year because it feels like more people take into consideration those families in need and are more appreciative for what they have. I wish it could last all year but until then, this season will have to do.

If you know me then you know I am not a materialistic person, nor are my kids. I live within my means and I try really hard not to push it. So when I say I love this time of year, it isn't because we spoil our kids with gifts or I get spoiled with gifts but because the atmosphere is so joyful, exciting, relaxing and fun. People are more giving for the most part. For me, its the most spiritual time of the year. I mean stories are often told to remind us of the true meaning of CHRISTmas. We are usually able to witness miracles and blessings being shared with those around us. It's just a great feeling. It's also another reason to have family gatherings!!

I was worried about what would be on my kids Christmas lists as they get older but I've lucked out lately. When I compare it to other kids list, I can honestly say how grateful I am for my kids and the way they turned out so far. My kids list this year wasn't to bad. It was actually kind of short and it wasn't because I limited there Christmas list either but because it was all they wanted.

TJ's list:
1. A basketball
2. Elite socks from Footlocker.  ($15 a pair basketball socks)
3. A Ripstik
4.Jordan's

Kj's list:
1. A Wreck it Ralph toy
2. Jordan's
3. Crayola Airbrush kit
4. A basketball.

I honestly love there lists and that it was pretty short but all I want for them really is to take one item off there list and donate it to a kid in need. That would teach them service. We don't have much to offer but we still have alot more then some could afford at this time. Seeing a smile on someone elses face for a good deed that we did?!?! Now that would make this holiday that much more enjoyable. I don't ever make goodies and deliver them, but there is always room for improvement. So this year, I'm going to try and make a few goodie plates and deliver them to family and or friends!!! I know if I got a plate of goodies it would brighten up my day even if I didn't like the treats..lol.. so I hope I could help put a smile on some families faces!!

For my husband...
My CHRISTMAS list is...
1. A Wrap (you know what I am talking about)!!
2. Please refer  back to item shown in 1.
3. Chocolate covered strawberries and Banburry cross donuts!!
4. 400$ to buy you what ever you wanted for Christmas and more!!LOL!
See, that wasn't so bad now was it!!!!

UPDATE FROM LAST POST:
I have yet to lose weight as I find myself indulging in everything and anything I feel like I am craving.. uughh.. No I am not pregnant but I am starting to fear that I will start looking like I am sooner rather then later if I don't stop now. I can't stop eating what I love but I can start by portioning my meals.. starting...NOW!!! 

2 comments:

pwincessdi said...

It doesn't surprise me at all that this is your favorite time of year. You are a very giving person. I love this time too, & I hate it too just cause the older kids aren't believing in Santa anymore & hat makes me sad. But I'm glad you are trying to do more service & teach your kids. What a great example you are. Merry Christmas!! Tell your Grinch of a hubby I said pls turn his frown upside down & tis the season!! (:

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp debt consolidation services
loan rates