Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm Sorry.

Yesterday started off great. I was able to join my son Kj and his class on there field trip to the Zoo! I've always loved doing things with my boys regardless what it is. It was cold, wet and a slight bit windy outside yesterday however the trip was not canceled and the students were all so excited to go to the Zoo. Fortunately there was enough parents who volunteered that I didn't have to go with a group of kids, I just had my son. Sheena also went and volunteered in Spencer's class, unfortunately she had a group and handled them pretty well if I don't say so myself! I mean when one of the kids ran off she ran, okay wait, not run but she did speed walk after them and brought em back!LOL! Then when it got cold outside she took them all inside the gift shop and bought them souvenirs to kill time.LoL. We had a lot of fun.  All in all my morning and afternoon went perfect, minus a slight little headache I couldn't get rid of.

As the evening quickly approached Toa told me we had two games at 6 & 7pm that we needed to go to so we could show our support to our niece and nephews. We went to Jr. and Terrell's game first @ SLCC. Although they lost I loved watching them play because you can just see in there eyes there love for the sport and how much effort they put into the game! The second game was at Cottonwood High school so we had to rush over there to watch the Jazzy girls vs "THE OTHER TEAM". We got there at the end of the 1st quarter and already there was a bit of drama between both coaches as one of the coaches was wrongfully ejected from the game due to miscommunication (A coach from Jazzy Girls). I didn't pay any attention to what was going on because I wanted to watch the game and cheer for the girls. Just sitting there I could tell there was a little bit of tension in the air  between the opposing team our the Jazzy Girl fans seeing that the Jazzy Girls were beating the other team 30-8 before the half. It was just a game so there was no need to get upset at the ref's for the calls being made nor at the parents for cheering on there children. I honestly wasn't prepared for what happened next.

If you have older children who are active you know that it is a habit for them to shoot around on both hoops during half time, time outs or during the breaks if they have a ball. Unfortunately my son and nephew were the victims of an angry parent who felt the need to take her aggression/anger out on them during one of many breaks. She told them they couldn't shoot on that end and to get off the court. I'm sure they responded with attitude in there voices as they yelled back,"We are". She then quickly responded with force in her voice since she felt they disrespected her and said, "Get the F*%$ off the court you mother f*$&!rs". Scared to walk by her again, my nephew sat in the far corner of the gym and started to cry, while my son on the other hand walked all the way around the gym to avoid this LADY and get to me. He told me what had just happened and what words were exchanged. If you know me well enough you will noticed that I may come off aggressive or blunt but it is only because I am venting to you. However I am really a push over who allows one to many things to get past me to avoid confrontation. When it comes to my kids, regardless what the situation,  that's another story. I am always going to have there backs. Anywho, back to the story, I had Tj point out the lady who took her anger out on the wrong kids and I calmly walked over to her and calmly asked her if she swore at my son. She quickly got defensive and started yelling at me telling me that they were being disrespectful. Um... Okay lady how old are you again?? I would have settled for a sincere apology from her to them or at least acknowledge that she was wrong but no,  she was being ignorant and rude as she tried to justify why she swore. At that point I lost it and I am so grateful I had Brigham in my arms cause I think I would have kicked her @ss if  I didn't. I was seriously spitting in this lady face with how close I was to her, while she was backing up I was secretly hoping that someone would take my son out of my arms so that this lady and I could resolve the issue but instead they were holding us (Brig and I) back. I was heated, offended and pissed off that this lady had the nerve to get mad at me because she swore at the boys. After they got me and my husband out of the gym they quickly called the game. Afterwards I felt terrible that these little girls only wanted to play and my actions caused them the game. For that I am sincerely sorry. When I got home I felt so horrible. My headache from earlier got worse and I couldn't shake the fact that I could have handled that situation better. I HATE HATE HATE HATE drama and I always tell myself that I will never be one of those people who make a scene however I was starting to feel like a hypocrite. I honestly did not mean to make a scene, end the game nor use every word in the dictionary in front of all those kids but in the moment I blocked them out and was focused on this lady and this lady only not realizing my actions would affect others.
I just wanted the parents of the Jazzy Girls and all the players to know how sorry I am for not being able to control myself better. I am embarrassed with the way I acted and can't imagine how I probably made my kids feel as they watched there mom going off on this stranger. I don't want to be known for the one who likes drama or starts drama. That is not me. However there is something about offending my kids that gets to me quicker then anything else. If you do something thing to me, I am an adult I will get over it, if you do something to my kids, it's hard for me to look past it.  Nonetheless I will work on it,  I just have to stay calm and gather my thoughts and words before I react to a situation. I felt sick last night thinking about the situation. Don't get me wrong, I know my kids aren't going to be perfect, and if they are wrong I will be the first one to make them apologize or fix the problem but there are positive ways of getting things done. As a primary teacher at church all that kept running through my head was one of the things I taught my class this past Sunday. It was if someone makes you mad don't lose your cool. Stay calm, be patient, listen to there side, say sorry and forgive. I didn't do any of that. I really need to practice what I preach. Uughh.. I am sincerely sorry to those I have offended. That is not me at all. All I can do now is more forward from this incident and learn from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my weblog so i got here to go back the prefer?
.I am trying to find issues to enhance my website!
I suppose its ok to use a few of your concepts!!

Here is my blog post :: Bellagenix review