Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Valentines!

Normally every Valentines I secretly wish my husband would be a hopeful romantic and do something unexpected and surprise me! I don't mean to sound like a brat but I can almost read my husband to thee tee!LOL! So I pretty much can guess what he is going to get me, if he gets me anything cause most times he likes to just give me money to get the things I really want myself!! I mean I don't mind that and I'm really not a picky girl but sometimes it would be nice to be surprised every now and then. Anyhoo, I've accepted the fact that I will not get my wish, hence me trying to do something different for my kids. I really didn't want to do anything this year but hangout with my boys! Valentine's is getting a little more tougher each year as my boys get older cause they feel like celebrating the day of "LOVE"  isn't cool, however they did want to take something awesome and different for there Valentine handouts this year.

Every year is the same thing, I would take my boys to Walmart and have them grab a box or two of Valentine's cards or candy to hand out to there class. However this year was different. I actually put a little bit of effort in making there handouts to show them that I tried to do something nice!!LOL!After looking online for crafty ideas Brigham and I headed to the store with my dad since he had to go anyways to get the supplies!!LOL!. Seeing that my dad needed things from the store too, he went with and it became obvious to me why Brigham is so lazy!!LOL!  I slowly noticed that the cart was filling up fast not with things that we really needed but with things my dad felt would help Brigham hold up his head and shop comfortably!!LOL! This is why he is a brat.. funny thing is my dad actually bought every thing Brigham used to keep his head up!!LOL!
Okay, back to the subject! Kj is my youngest in school right now and he is like all little boys, and is into super hero's! So we decided to make him little super hero Tootsie pops, since they were simple and easy to do.  It turned out pretty cool! He loved them and I loved helping him make em!
Tj on the other hand is older and of course wasn't feeling the whole super hero suckers so we went with  a more "IN" thing which is electronics.  I saw a Pinterest/Sheena inspired Valentine handout to do for him.  They were cute little ipod handouts that both Tj and I loved so we went with it! It took a lot longer then Kj's suckers but we got it done and he was so excited to take them to school! He is also planning on doing electronics next year as well so we will see how that turns out!LOL!!
Not sure what next year brings but I think I may have to do more crafty handouts!!LOL! Well this Valentines day I really wasn't in the mood to celebrate anything. I just wanted to sleep in and rest all day! However Toa had other plans. He actually woke up and got ready and made me get ready too so that we could go have breakfast at Kneaders cause he knew that I absolutely love there french toast. So once he said that, I did not hesitate. I got up and got both Brigham and I ready and we left.  My sister Lai watched Brigham while Toa and I went to brkfst.
Afterwards we found our way to Walmart to buy random things that were needed around the house and for the boys. We then went to Seagul Book to buy more things that I felt was needed! Then we went back and picked up Brigham and came home cause Toa had to work :( I know it may not sound like fun but I really am a simple girl and going and getting things for my kids with my husband makes my day!! Honestly!

Toa had just left for work when the boys got off of school, so I wasn't alone at all!!LOL!! My dad asked me to bring my boys by cause he had got them a little something for v-day! When we got to his house he had all these little bags laid out and bigger pink bags next to them! Each bag had a name on it. To my surprise my dad got all of us girls bags too!!LOL! He is so thoughtful and caring! I couldn't imagine my life without my dad in it!!

After we read our cards and looked at our gifts, my dad watched my boys so that Lai and I could do a quick run to Simply Sushi!! I love that place. Yes we invited my dad to go with but he had just got home from having lunch with one of his friends and insisted that we left the boys with him!! So don't feel sorry for him just yet!!LOL!! Once we were home and rested, my boys and I went to get there dad a V-day gift bag that included a card and was filled with all of his favorite goodies, including his Pepsi so that he could open it when he got home from work. Although I secretly think my kids threw in a few things for themselves since they knew there dad was going to share!!LOL!. I really loved my simple Valentines day. Even though I didn't do much, I loved spending the day with the ones who matters most!! That's all for now!

3 comments:

Lani M. Latu said...

Your vday sounded awesome! I too want to do things with my kids for vday.. and you sound like me on vday towards my hubby.. cause he doesn't think vday should be treated like any other day... but I had to set him straight just a little bit lol. So I too would be pleasantly surprised if one day he upped his game a little and did something different. LOL. Happy late valentines! and I love all the cute things you did for your sons! :) oh and can I borrow your dad sometime shoot.. lol.. or does he want to adopt my kids as his grandkids too??? lol

pwincessdi said...

That's cute, sounded like lots of fun. Your dad is so sweet :)

pan x 8 said...

Great Valentines Day! I love Sushi too!