Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Better Late then Never...

Because I wanted to be a better parent and example to my children I needed to do what I felt like was the impossible, which was to get my GED. I figured that since it was a 6-8 hour long test reviewing everything one would learn from K-12 then I would be okay. Then after I did the practice test I realized that this would be a little harder then I anticipated it would be. I mean honestly you don't see the average person using (multiplying/dividing) fractions on a daily basis. I'm sure if I were to pull a random high school graduate aside and ask them to tell me what the 14 &15 Amendments are they will not be able to do so.LOL. The point is I procrastinated getting my GED for way to long. I didn't think it really mattered if I got it or not cause I was able to keep steady jobs and support my family. I kept telling myself I couldn't do it cause I was busy working or being a mom/wife, then it hit me one day that I want a career and not a average paying job. I want to be able to provide for my kids and set good examples for them.

How can I ask them to go to school daily if I didn't even graduate?!? I know now that just because I got pregnant at a young age it is not an excuse to not finish school. Although my reasoning for dropping out (to work full time and provide for my son) may have made sense to me then, I wish I would have finished school first so that things would be alot less complicating now.

 After 24 hours of anxiously awaiting for my test scores ... They were finally in... the only thing that stood out to me when I opened up my transcripts was the word: PASSED!!! Yay, finally I over came that hurdle!!

I especially wanted to thank my dad for never doubting me and having faith in me that I can do what ever it is I want if I work for it and my husband for constantly harassing me to get this done so that more opportunities will come my way. I'm glad I did. It came in perfect timing. I have an interview with Delta Airlines today and regardless what the turn out is I can honestly say I am happy either way. If I don't get  the job, Im okay with that cause want to continue my education. My short term goal is to become a Medical Billing Administrator and my long term goal is to become a Pharmacy Physician!! But if I do get the job, I am still going to aim for those goals:) Wish me luck...

Here Always,
♥Lala

5 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That's so awesome! Good for you!

pwincessdi said...

So happy n proud of you Klarah. Your dad is so sweet! Hope u get the job at Delta (for ur dads sake) lol..Love ya and way to follow your goals :)

MARCIA said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so proud of you and the step you've taken to not only better yourself but your family as well. Yay Klarah!!

Mua said...

Congrats Lala! It's never too late :)

Can I get that practice book now? Lol, We were waiting for you to finish! Lol!

Sina Sekona said...

It takes a whole lot of focus and energy for anyone to accomplishment any goal, fact is, as a mother, who works and tends to her children and her husband fulltime, you still managed to put forth that extra time just so you wouldn't contradict your own teachings taught in your home... That is power.. congratulations.. you are a wonderful mother.