Thursday, August 18, 2011

Those who can't throw hands throw drinks....

The title of this post has nothing to do with it but I just thought it was a funny saying!!LOL! Alot has been going on since I have last blogged. I have been through both ups and many many downs.. but the important thing is I am doing good if not better at this point(: I have quit my job for the second time now.. I know your probably wondering why I had to quit twice and its easy.. I quit the first time to be a SAHM, but apparently my bills did not show any sympathy towards my family and I due to our decreased income and my job wanted to see if I could give it another shot before calling it quits. So I went back, not happy with my decision, but I had to give it a shot!!LOL! I honestly felt like going back to work would help ease the tension that I felt was growing in our home and also to help lighten the load my husband was carrying as it felt I was starting to become a burden to him as he was now forced to step out of his comfort zone and be the soul provider, financially, for our family. This is a big change for our family but I am sure we will make it work!! :) One thing I know Toa will not change is the bond he holds with our boys. Tj especially. Since Tj was old enough to play sports Toa has always pushed him to thee limit. Literally.

T.j has started football this year and weighed in at 82 lbs., which was over weight for a running back. He was bummed out because that is what he was familiar with because he played that position last year. Well they gave him a week (about 5 days to be exact!!LOL!) to reach the maximum weight they would allow for a RB which was 76 lbs:( Toa went into this physco mode!!LOL! Or so I felt. He put Tj on one of the strictest diets, you know the one where you don't eat at all...(WTH!?!) I mean Tj was able to eat salad and boiled eggs but what kid besides the weird ones likes salad if it's not being served with a main lasagna? Any who, being the soft hearted mother I was, I secretly snuck Tj snacks behind Toa's back because I felt so bad for him. He was constantly complaining about being hungry and then it went from "I'm hungry" to "I'm starving". It was soo sad. On top of that Toa made sure he was hydrated so that he was able to run drills in the park behind the back of our house with his sweater on in the middle of the day. Under his sweater he had his long sleeve shirt on. Under that he had a sweat suit on. Ughh.. I was feeling dehydrated looking at my son. I admit Toa and I argued about how hard he was pushing Tj but he said Tj asked for it by wanting to be a RB this year. I then talked to Tj and guess what he was so hungry he didn't mind being a lineman this year. So at practice on Monday Toa told Tj that being a lineman he would be forced to go head up with lineman who could possibly be the same size as ours and the biggest lineman on our team weighs 189 lbs, so Tj made up his mind right then and there that he will sacrifice eating what he wanted to make sure he made weight on the next weigh ins. It was tough but he stuck to his dads strict diet. The BIG day came and Tj was not allowed to eat anything that whole day until after weigh ins. I noticed both Toa and I were anxious and extremely nervous. Toa was so nervous cause we had weighed Tj that morning and he was 77 lbs exact so of course Toa had him running in the park behind our house all day. I was nervous as well cause I was sneaking him food to eat here and there and if he didn't make weight it would have been my fault.. Tj stripped down to his underwear and stood on the scale. Both the coaches and I were waiting for the scale to stop moving so we could get an accurate weight. Well it stopped and to our surprise Tj weighed.. 74 lbs.!!! Yay.. We are so excited and I couldn't have been prouder of my son for sacrificing so much to reach his goal. I am also grateful to Toa for being such a supportive father and the determination he had towards getting Tj what he wanted was shocking. I didn't think he would stay firm with Tj. I honestly thought he would crack and give into Tj's plead for unhealthy food. Love my boys.. For any of you who care, Tj's first game is not this Saturday but next Saturday!!!

This is random. Is it weird that after being married so long its the little things that Toa does that makes me fall in love with him all over again!?! Well I am so I guess I am weird.LOL..

3 comments:

pwincessdi said...

lol @ the title, I can't stand ROYCE! lmbo hahahaha I love Basketball Wives! Anywho this post made me tear up, I love how compassionate my brother is with the boys, it's so cute. I'm so happy for TJ!! You're so funny sneaking him snacks, I would've done the same thing!! heheehe can't wait to watch him tear it up like last year! Sucks our boys will be playing at the same time :( But no worries, I'll be at his first game wooo hoooo goooooo TJ!!!

Kassie said...

Wow that is determination.good job TJ and holy crap that there's kids who weigh 189 that young..lol..now I know why Ray doesn't want our boys to play football..at all...lol..when I was reading everything TJ was doing, it made me sad because Ray does that every week for weigh ins lol..just be happy TJ doesn't get fined $500 per pound per day he's overweight..hahaha..keep up the good work TJ! I wldnt want him up against 189lbs either..:/

Mele Kilioni said...

Awwww poor TJ I feel like that & i'm ALL BONES -_- LOL Love how Toa is all in it for Tj, & as for you missy,...You let your son live a little ;) LOVE IT! makes me proud to see Tj sacrificing so much for his position! THAT A BOY! LOVE YOU TJ see you at your games <3