Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What a way to start off this month!!



So this past weekend was one of the busiest weekends I have had in awhile:) It was full of quality family time. Last Monday, June 27th, we had a bbq for my eldest, TJ, as he had just turned 9!! Through out the week I was running around with Sheena to get he last minute things that was needed for her daughter, Mele, who was being baptized that Saturday. I was also running around with Toa to get our baby boy, Brigham, a blessing outfit. It was a last minute decision to bless our son this past Sunday but seeing that my maternity leave was up soon I wanted to bless my son right away as I do work Sundays.

Last Monday we did a birthday party for Tj. He planned his own birthday. He wanted to go to Seven Peaks with some of his cousins and friends. When they were done there they came back to eat as we had also had a bbq w/ cake and ice cream. It was simple yet nice. I loved having our family and friends together to help us celebrate! I will blog about my son at a later date when I have more time!! He deserves a post to himself!!LOL!! I love him so much:)

Last Friday my mom, aunt, uncle, cousins and some of my sisters drove here from California for Mele's baptism/party. Which worked out perfect cause they were also here for my baby boy's blessing.

Saturday we had Mele's beautiful baptism in the morning followed by her Rock Star Party afterwards!! It was so much fun!! I mean the kids loved being kids there and I especially loved the company! It was fun to just hang out with family and friends while the kids enjoyed all the activities that were provided at this amazing birthday.

On Sunday we blessed Brigham. My father in law gave a wonderful blessing for my son. It did bring tears to my eyes:) It was just so comforting to know that if I raise my boys in the gospel they would be blessed with many things. The blessing was followed by a pot luck eating! It was perfect and simple. The food was great and so was the company. Sadly my family from California had to leave right after the blessing:( I miss them but am sure we will see them again soon.

Yesterday was July 4th so you know we had to go somewhere to watch fireworks!! We spent the morning cleaning and then the afternoon we went to Marcia's house to celebrate Jasmine's 11th birthday! It was fun. I loved the cup cakes!!LOL!! I know I am a fluffy one!!LOL! Afterwards we went to Liberty Park to enjoy some great music. Besides the people smoking around us, the day was perfect. We left the park before the fireworks started cause I knew the sound of them would be to loud for baby, so the kids watched it from the car. I mean they were literally sitting on top of my car while baby and I watched from the inside!!LOL! We then drove to the upper level parking lot at our local Walmart to watch numerous firework shows around our area. It was different and my boys loved it. All in all this past week/weekend was perfect. It makes me appreciate my family that much more.

The only thing that could have made my weekend even better would have been to have all my sis and bro in laws there for my kids birthday/blessing. Toa was very hurt some of his brothers and sisters couldn't make it to our sons birthday last Monday or our baby boy's blessing last Sunday. He felt he would have made changes in our schedule to make sure we attended all of there events. It sucked seeing him a little bummed out. So I bought him a case of Pepsi (his fav. soda), clean our basement, did all our laundry and made things better once again. He was not going to ruin my great weekend over something we couldn't change. Therefore I tried to do what I could to cheer him up and after the concert last night he is happy once again!!LOL!! Now all I want to do is sleep cause I feel so drained!!

3 comments:

pwincessdi said...

Aww yeah it was a pretty busy weekend thanks to you guys! lmbo jk hahaha tell Bubs don't worry..people get busy and it's summer time. :) I'm glad y'all had a great 4th! Can't wait for next years concert!

Tina Tuakoi said...

It was great seeing you at Mele's baptism/party. Brigham is even more beautiful in person. :)

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Your baby boy is so handsome!! Busy busy busy weekend....hope you can rest now! :)